Monday, June 23, 2008

Waterproof Digital Cameras and other fancy stuff


Traveling is an excuse to buy fancy things with the justification that I need it to be lightweight durable and multi purpose.
For example I got a fabulous coral patagonia morning glory skirt which doubles as a strapless dress. Then I got my mom to attach straps so it can be a halter dress or a regular one and then she painted matching flowers onto my industrial strength mountain hardware button up hiking shirt.
I'm giving new meaning to Patagucci.

I also got a new digital camera complete with a case, 4 GB memory card, card reader, extra battery, charger and electrical outlet adapter. I'm glad that leaving the country to spend lots of money has inspired me to spend lots here. In fact most of the nicest things I own in life like my gregory backpack, my hiking boots, my fancy outdoor clothing were all purchased with a trip in mind. I like focusing on one small bags worth of things. How can I make this bag my house for 6 weeks. It's a good goal and when one returns you realize that most of life's objects are superfluous.

I took some pictures with Darren today to make sure I could work my camera and now I'm going to see if I can post them. He eats a bagel every morning for breakfast and climbs really hard core stuff. This first picture is titled "Bagels give me wings."